Saturday, February 28, 2015

Are you?

I was reading Maricella's post about the TED talk video we watched in class and I also thought it was interesting that it's actually easy to "spot" lies. I was thinking are you considered a liar if you know something and someone else doesn't but it does not get brought up in conversation ?

1 comment:

  1. That's a great question! I think it would depend on the context. For example, when I was in high school, I knew that my friend was cheating on her long-time boyfriend. When I was with my friend and her boyfriend, and I didn't say anything, I don't think that made me a liar, but I do think it made me a terrible friend to him and her. I was a bad friend to him for keeping him in the dark, and I was a bad friend to her because I allowed her and supported her in setting up a disaster. Does that make sense? A few punctuation errors in this post.

    ReplyDelete