Saturday, February 28, 2015

Hmmm.

This week we had a guest speaker and one of the things that she talked about that stuck out to me was 7% of a conversation is the actual words we use. I think that is so true when I think about when I talk to my brother he always gives me attitude when I ask him to do something for me. I always try to be polite about it and say please and thank you but maybe its the tone of my voice or my body language.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent point and application to your own life! We'll spend quite a bit of time on this in Chapter 6, Nonverbal Communication.
    Don't forget to proofread before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This stuck out to me as well! I always thought that our conversations were mainly about what we say, not much about our non-verbals. Now, after I learned this I made it a new task for my self to be more aware of my body language when it comes to my conversations. I Also think this is true because in the past I have asked my brother to do something for me and he gave me attitude as well.

    ReplyDelete